Sunday, December 19, 2010

Puzzle Pieces

Puzzle pieces are cut strategically, strategically to make only one picture, to fit only ONE way. If you have ever put together a puzzle, you know the feeling, when two pieces fit perfectly. The pieces have curves, indentations, and straight parts that compliment the other precisely. It's almost a magical event, when this takes place.

I'm 25 years old, and single. I understand and know there are expectations, landmarks, the norm, and society that govern our lives. I'm no fool, nor am I naive. According to society I should be married or well on my way.
If I said I'm completely happy, nothing is missing, or that I don't long for a companion I would be lying. Countless times have I thought: what he might be like, what his name might be, the color of his eyes, his height, and probably the most puzzling to me....Where is he!?

Making the Pieces Fit:

I noticed lately that after months of trying, it won't ever work. The puzzle pieces that have been so strategically designed don't fit. They didn't fit months ago, and still don't today. The only difference between then and now is the hurt.
So I lay here today.....sorry that I wasted so much time. Sorry that I became so impatient. Realizing when the right piece comes along I'll know. Our pieces will fit perfectly, complimenting one another. The curves of our lives, indentations of our past, and the straight edges....of our future will meet.

No comments:

Post a Comment